VV's Narrative Visual Team is growing, and we are seeking a talented Camera Artist!
As a Camera Artist, you are responsible for the setup, implementation, and maintenance of real-time cameras using Blizzard's proprietary engine. You will work together with individuals across various teams to troubleshoot issues and maintain a high-quality standard across all camera content. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of how gameplay and cinematic content works together to tell a cohesive story, a basic understanding of gameplay pacing and mechanics, and broad technical skills that compliment an artistic eye.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
• Set up in-engine cameras across various areas that align with current cinematic style
• Communicate with Leads and Designers to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish continuity of the story with gameplay
• Assist with technical implementation of cameras and cinematic content
• Work collaboratively, receive feedback, and constructively critique peers
• Act as liaison between artists, animators, and game designers
• Complete high-quality tasks in a timely manner
• Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements
• Validate camera content to ensure the integrations did not cause conflicts with the rest of the game
• Share knowledge and collaborate with technical Leads to improve the quality of tools
• Minimum 3 years of relevant game design experience
• Experience with cinematic language, camera composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure
• Strong, technical understanding of game engine pipelines, technologies, limitations, editing tool conventions, scripting, troubleshooting, and debugging game content types
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to proprietary tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to give and receive feedback
• Proactive problem solver that can share knowledge and new techniques with the rest of the team
• Experience with 3D software (Maya, Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, etc.)
• Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua, etc.)
• Familiarity with video editing tools (Adobe Premiere, Unreal Sequencer, etc.)
• A passion for Blizzard games
• Cover Letter
• Demo Reel / Portfolio showing examples of cinematics built using a game engine tool
Job Status: Fulltime/Staff
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That's a metaphorical backyard. The studio's backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we're driving distance from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!
Note that a test may be required for consideration.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nzk9-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.