Activision Blizzard Japan is on a quest to find a legendary talent of Brand Manager for Call of Duty Mainline, who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who has demonstrated oneself as a leader of high-functioning cross-discipline publishing teams. Not only do they have a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but they also have a keen appreciation of the role community, PR, creative, and development teams play in creating world-class publishing experiences. They will tailor and execute the HQ Publishing and product positioning plans for Console/PC games with local nuances, develop creative campaigns, and shape long-term publishing strategy in Japan market. They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower our games to succeed. Most importantly, they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
• Strategic Planning. Drive both short and long-term strategic planning for a franchise, setting local publishing goals and plans, identifying key beats & KPIs, setting and managing the spend, applying publishing frameworks, and aligning staffing with the needs of the franchise.
• Business/Operating Results. Actively manage brand lifecycle by recommending launch build quantities, profit maximizing strategies based a solid understanding of brand's pricing, sell in, sell through, channel / barn inventory, WAU's, MAU's and competitive environment. Develop and implement brand learning plans/post-mortems that measure return on marketing investment and provide indicated actions to improve marketing effectiveness for future title releases.
• Leadership Results. Develop and implement brand learning plans/post-mortems that measure return on marketing investment and provide indicated actions to improve marketing effectiveness for future title releases.
• Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across cross-functional local and HQ publishing teams.
• Creative. Create memorable publishing experiences with authentic creative campaigns that resonate with local players, and you also wouldn't mind posting to your own social media feed.
• Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know, be relentless in seeking those answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of ''massaging'' the data to fit the desired outcome and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
• 7+ years' experience in publishing or operating games on various platforms. Console/PC platform preferred.
• Wor king experience in US MNCs is preferred .
• Veteran leading global launch campaigns at the local scale and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
• Understands how to interpret data and KPIs and turn analytical insight into actionable plans.
• Passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the commitment to execute those ideas cross-functionally
• Experience working effectively and constructively with publishing and external agency teams
• Rich and expansive understanding and experience in Japan game market and consumer behavior
• Shooting/FPS genre experiences with in-game economy management
• Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing is also a plus (UA, CRM/lifecycle, social/digital, etc.)
• Native Japanese skills and Proficient English levels
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2yq42-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.