Activision Player Support is seeking a full-time Back-end Developer to develop and manage infrastructure that supports back-end applications to drive custom tooling and front-end automation. The Back-end Developer will take on an integral role in growing our intradepartmental development team alongside our various interdepartmental studio teams. Design and develop highly scalable, highly available and highly reliable technology solutions that handles hundreds of thousands of requests per second. Focus of responsibilities will be development with usability, maintainability, and quality building for the long term.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop custom tools and scripts leveraging our interdepartmental studio back-end core services to resolve player issues 1:1 and at mass.
• Design and build back-end systems that will allow web automation to identify player issues to deflect traffic or provide automated resolutions.
• Responsible for design, development, and integration of Micro Services.
• Experience working with third party services and APIs.
• Participate in functional specification, design, and code reviews.
• Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment.
• Participate in project planning sessions with internal and external team members to analyze development requirements and provide a breakdown of work estimates.
• Identify and influence opportunities for process and tool improvements
• Maintain and understand best practices to implement back-end solutions for long-term scalability.
• Align with cloud governance standards and security requirements.
• BS/BA Degree in related and/or equivalent experience.
• Expertise in Java 11, Maven 3.0, Spring Framework/Spring Boot or Java EE/J2EE.
• Experience in developing application Micro Services architecture using Spring Boot and Java 11.
• Experience with distributed microservices architecture.
• Knowledge of modern development practices using Git or other source control solutions.
• Successful in Agile - KANBAN, SCRUM, test driven development, prototype development and waterfall software development methodologies.
• Experience in cloud services using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Expertise in a SQL/RDBMS technology such as Google Cloud SQL, MySQL, or Postgres. Including schema design, triggers, and procedures.
• Hands on experience with NoSQL Cassandra, MongoDB, or HBase.
• Experience packaging apps with Docker (Kubernates for container services).
• Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins.
• Basic networking knowledge (routes, security groups, firewall rules).
• Understanding of web protocols and technologies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work independently with minimal oversight while delivering outstanding results.
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
• Hands on experience with Kafka livestreaming, map-and reduce, and ETL.
• Knowledge of video games and the video game industry is a huge plus.
• Have a strong grasp of storytelling through information design.
• Able to speak not just passionately about your work but also plainly to those who are inexperienced.
e basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq82p1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.