As a Associate VFX Artist, you will create simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. You will help design solutions where a more procedural approach can be used and possess the desire and knowledge to push our effects and editing tools beyond their limits.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Art Director and art, design, animation, and audio leads to bring life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama.
• Craft compelling moments through the design, creation, and implementation of real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements.
• Prototype VFX and shaders which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events.
• Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
• Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
• You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• You excel in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
• You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication.
• You possess the ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software.
• You are a strong technical problem solver.
• You have Relevant 2D and 3D software experience-Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Houdini, and Substance Designer.
• You have experience and comfortable in Unreal and/or PopcornFX.
• You stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to help shape our pipelines.
• You have experience creating VFX Shaders.
• Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting a plus.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5zqm-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.