Job Title:Associate VFX Artist
As an Associate VFX Artist you will help implement particle simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. We're looking for strong collaborators who bring no ego but plenty of passion.
Together, we'll push our tools beyond all reasonable limits, and constantly hunt for better techniques and inspiring reference no matter where it can be found.
With your creativity and curiosity, you will accelerate your learning and career growth while helping us create the most stunning AAA visuals and compelling gameplay on the planet.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with the VFX Lead, Art Directors and others in bringing life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama
• Help craft compelling moments through the implementation of real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
• Prototype VFX and materials which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events
• Come with curiosity and humility, ask questions, and level up your skills and self-sufficiency
• Work with your teammates and Lead to learn how to balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
• Follow and maintain workflows and technical requirements
• 1+ year of Visual Effects experience for games, or similar experience in a releted discipline
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to excel in a collaborative and diverse work environment
• Being a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication
• Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to proprietary software
• Relevant 2D and 3D software experience, including some of the following – Unreal, Unity, Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Max
• Bachelor's degree in an Art related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, scripting, animation, or lighting
• Experience creating VFX shaders
• Experience in Unreal, Unity and/or PopcornFX
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.