Santa Monica, CA
Come join the team re-defining how we listen to players of the world's largest entertainment brand! This is a highly functional position that sits within the Player Insights team and is responsible for qualitative and quantitative research analysis. This role requires the ability to think critically, tell a story using data, and work with a team of equally passionate gaming enthusiasts. The ideal candidate is someone with experience at a traditional research supplier, with a personal passion for video games who wants to apply their analytic chops and methodological expertise to player insights collected via multiple approaches. This position will work with stakeholders across the Player Insights team and broader Activision organization to help provide insights on current and potential players.
The right candidate is an analyst that can distill large data sets, unearth narratives, and visualize insights in compelling ways – with experience using data analysis tools (Excel, etc.) at a high level
• Manage multiple tasks in various stages of the project process, demonstrating a clear ability to multi-task
• Manage phases of the quantitative and qualitative research process, including questionnaire design and QA, survey field/recruiting, and tab, data analysis, and report/slide/insights generation
• Ensure quality control processes are in place across data pulls from dashboards or other data analysis platforms
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, writing cogent data-backed ''stories'' and present results to internal stakeholders in engaging and persuasive ways
Key Skills Needed
• Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story
• Team-oriented; enjoy growing with other team members
• Multi-task capable and time-sensitive; proficient in managing multiple research tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines
• Client service-minded; enjoy helping internal clients solve problems
• Communicative; excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Detail-oriented; able to fully proof questionnaires, survey programming logic, data tables, and reports
• Player-centric and a Gaming Enthusiast; strive to understand player motivations and wants/needs, putting personal gaming biases aside, but drawing upon gaming knowledge and enthusiasm to enhance research insights and processes
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Qualtrics, SPSS (or similar – Python or R) a plus
• Client-side experience at a video game publisher and/or developer a plus
1-3 years of experience in marketing research (supplier-side), with the proven ability to manage stakeholder requests throughout the research lifecycle, from distilling large data sets into insights, to writing questionnaires/discussion guides, to managing fieldwork, to presenting findings
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93pzz-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.