Senior Tools Programmer
Manchester, United Kingdom
This is an exceptionally exciting time to be at Activision, a period of phenomenal change and ambition throughout the organization! Activision Central Tech (or ''CT'') is a global, multi-disciplinary team dedicated to supporting the technological needs of our games. We work alongside Activision studios around the world to build the most compelling entertainment experiences ever seen.
Activision is searching for an Associate Engine Programmer to join its CT group based in Manchester. This is a full-time permanent position, learning and working in a friendly and inclusive environment alongside some of the best game creators in the world. You will help us craft the next generation of the massively successful Call of Duty® series of games.
• Design and development of new engine technology, with guidance from senior engineers.
• Debugging and optimization of existing engine systems.
• Communicate and collaborate with other engineers and teams.
What does the future hold for game tech? We need you to help us find out!
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Experience writing C or C++ code, problem solving, debugging etc.
• Eligible to work in the UK.
Skills & Attributes
Our ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills and attributes:
• A good understanding of computing fundamentals, 3D math and algebra.
• Interest in engine systems, and eager to learn.
• Creative, motivated, focused, and results oriented with a passion for games and technology.
These are not firm requirements, but we would be especially interested in talking to anyone with:
• Experience with any third-party game engine.
• Experience with graphics API and shaders.
• Experience working in the game industry or a related field.
• Example programming projects, such as demos or published games.
What we offer
• A friendly, international team of game technology experts ready to guide and support you.
• A healthy work-life balance. We create our best work when our free time is valued and respected.
• Access to counselling services and mental health support through our wellness programs such as AbleTo and our Employee Assistance Program.
• Opportunities to work flexibly from our new office in Manchester.
• Generous benefits package.
• Comprehensive relocation support.
We love hearing from anyone who is talented and enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Activision is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or whether they are parents, carers, a person with disabilities or any person protected by applicable law.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. Lastly, in your application please feel free to let us know which pronouns you use.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zejx-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.