Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
As an Associate Art Director, you will work side by side with our Art Director as a key partner in the execution of Live Content Production on Call of Duty: Mobile. This job will require a very creative and collaborative spirit, working across multiple subject areas as a key driver in character, weapon, 2d art, and supporting asset production. The ideal candidate has a specialization in Character and Weapon 3d production or Visual Development/Concept Art as well as a thorough understanding of the latest in 3d asset production. In addition to channeling the visual direction of our Art Director to the art team, the role will work with the production team in providing reviews and feedback for the day to day asset pipeline.
• Work with Art Director to drive artistic development
• Create concepts or other benchmark assets that set the bar and inspire others.
• Ensure understanding and belief in the art vision across artists, art leads, and other directors.
• Creatively solve visual problems in collaboration with the broader game team including other Directors, Art Leads, and Artists.
• Take creative ownership over projects from concept to completion.
• Effectively communicate and present to Collaborators, Team Director, Executives and incorporate feedback when needed.
• Partner with the Art and Design Leads to ensure consistency of quality and vision.
• Partner with the production team to ensure schedules and plans meet project and business needs.
• Bachelor's degree OR equivalent art portfolio
• 8+ years' experience crafting video game art
• You have proven yourself in a leadership capacity as a Lead Artist, Supervisor, or Art
• Director on at least one shipped Mobile game
• Genuinely enjoys working with others.
• Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through
• Thrives in a collaborative work culture
• Experience working with an Art Director to develop a unique and cohesive visual style
• Works closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
• Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push boundaries and expectations
It takes the industry's best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We're looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We're highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got you covered!
''We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy37om-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.