Santa Monica, CA
Activision is looking an exceptional art director to help us drive the artistic vision and development of Call of Duty: Mobile. The foremost responsibility will be to direct the creation of amazing Seasonal content: a compelling theme, characters, weapons, calling cards, emotes. We have a young but talented team, and a large but growing business – we don't need to start from scratch, but we need to help to improve what we're currently doing and help sketch out where we should go from here.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Establish a clear vision for game content, and then direct the creation of content for all mobile titles
• Coach but empower a talented creative team as they shape and deliver discrete bundles of content within each monthly content Season – it's about building from a solid base rather than starting from scratch
• Work with product leads to understand what content is resonating and what isn't, and use this understanding to inform our long term content roadmap
• Work with production leads to ensure content delivered on time and on budget
• Help identify and onboard new agencies to augment our capabilities
• Drive UI/UX for Call of Duty: Mobile
• Provide day-to-day coaching and leadership for a team of artists, including career guidance, mentorship and overall culture development
• Partner with other disciplines to ensure the team is healthy and strong
• Passion for shooter games is a must, especially Call of Duty!
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Senior 3D Artist and Lead Artist role in games industry, with profound experience and knowledge of creating character, weapon and environment assets.
• Great technical skill, master art design tools and software including Maya, 3D Max, Z-brush, Photoshop, etc.
• Familiarity with FPS games, preferably mobile.
• Extensive experience with 3D art, authoring packages and best practices.
• Solid communication and problem solving abilities.
• Experience and professional skill in special effect, animation and rendering is a plus.
• Understand all the roles within the art department and also of any outsourced contractors.
• Have good understanding of the technology used in game design and development, its capabilities and limitations.
• Passionate about games and have well understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play.
• Is able to build good working relationships with other departments.
• Have excellent communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.