Senior Rendering Programmer
Warrington, United Kingdom
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the US, and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work with gameplay and AI teams to integrate and maintain new animation features.
• Maintain and support low-level animation runtime and asset pipeline.
• Develop new tools and debug visualizations for improving workflows.
• Optimize code for high performance across multiple platforms.
• Opportunities for R&D in the future (as experience gained).
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Solid C++ programming skills
• Experience working as part of a team in a large codebase.
• Sound grasp of optimization fundamentals.
• Confidence with 3D maths: vectors, matrices, quaternions, coordinate space transforms.
• Enthusiastic about working on/learning about animation technology.
• Good eye for detail, enjoys making things look good!
• Good communication skills, ability to communicate effectively across engineering and animation/art teams.
• Experience working with game animation systems at any level.
• Cross-platform development experience.
• Worked on AAA title(s).
• Interests in relevant topics such as physically based animation, inverse kinematics, data compression.
• Working knowledge of SIMD and multi-threading.
• Familiarity with DCC tools and plugin development (Maya).
• Any graphics/rendering experience would be a bonus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j7y7-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.