Social Media & Digital Publishing Manager
London, United Kingdom
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As AB Community Lead , you will develop and lead Owned and Earned community programs with a goal of maximizing the E MEA player base enjoyment of and engagement in our franchise ecosystem(s), turning as many as possible into ambassadors for our games . As such you are also responsible for fostering a thriving network of influencers dedicated to our games in EMEA . As the community leader your role will be focused on three core pillars : Engagement, Community Influencer Management and Reporting.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead the team
of community specialist s who influence publishing content strateg y , and
own relationships with key players and creators. In addition, you will e ngage indirectly and directly in key topics of conversation within franchise owned and earned channels in a specified language .
• Develop & maintain a deep understanding
our player base . P rovid e consultation and proactive community feedback in the establishment of our regional publishing plans to make sure they resonate positively with our fans and dedicated influencers.
• In partnership with publishing , marketing and communication expert teams , you support the owned channel distribution of regional messaging, providing key input from program definition to execution:
• Help with defining the key narratives, drive tone & storytelling of the franchise(s) towards existing, active players in support of franchise goals .
• Consult with franchise and marketing teams to ensure a consistent approach to our player communities across our
owned and earned channels.
• Centralize a cross-franchise view of the community roadmap; provide insights to the other functional teams and identifying local social media content opportunities for teams to amplify or execute against.
• You are in charge of building and coordinating the franchise(s) engagement and content creator tactics in support of Franchise strategies .
• P artner, and oversee the development of adapted engagement tactics, including specific dedicated programs aiming at our communities' growth
• In collaboration with the earned Communications expert build an integrated influencer and streamer strategy aligned with the franchise(s) goals.
• Work in partnership with PR teams to effectively manage the relationship of important members of the player community and content creators across AB EMEA .
• Leverage social listening, benchmark insights and analytics to proceed to fine-tuning and/or adaptation of the strategies to increase business impact, maximizing reach & engagement. Monitor and evaluate impact
of community programs for continued improvement.
• Work in partnership with PR teams and own the relationship of key members and influencers of the player community and content creators who have local significance.
• Represent a knowledgebase
on the gaming landscape, its players, and competitors for a given market. Be a champion and an internal advocate for our players and game communities in assessment of message priority, risk and cultural feedback.
• As required, be the day to day point of contact for vocal players and community influencers in their local language. Act as a representative of Activision Blizzard in online channels and at community events.
• A background of working within the gaming industry with a wide professional external network.
• P revious experience working on strategic deliverables for a gaming business .
• Encompass a deep knowledge of Activision and/or Blizzard game(s), social media channels, and local gaming communities.
• Ability to deliver high quality work while managing multiple projects.
• Proven track record of successfully leading a team .
• I nfluencing s kills and demonstrated ability to navigate in a complex international
• A genuine passion for gaming and technology.
Key success for year 1
• A successful candidate will be able to display sentiment improvement towards community management within the EMEA region, with specific examples of how their own contributions have positively impacted our relationships with players.
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport , but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yx1z-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.