ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, North Carolina, is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, tech-savvy digital journalist to join our multi-platform team. ABC11 covers the biggest stories of the day and how those stories impact local communities.
Are you self-motivated and do you excel in breaking news? Do you know how to grow digital audiences with new and innovative ideas? Do you have experience in web publishing and social media? If so, we want to hear from you. The successful candidate will have a high degree of ethics, empathy and professionalism and will be able to function well under pressure.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
• Create and publish digital content for all of ABC11's digital platforms, including 24/7 streaming, VOD and CTV
• React and respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy
• Actively participate in daily editorial planning and story selections
• Look for sidebar stories that complement the daily assignments
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a busy news environment
• Use real-time analytics to monitor and assess published content and adjust as necessary
• Use best practices, including SEO to set stories and videos up for success and to increase audience engagement
• Solid news judgment
• Minimum of 2 years of experience that includes producing online content
• Strong writing and copy editing skills
• Good video editing skills
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Experience with analytics for both social media and websites
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyqj0-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.