ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC has an immediate opening for a collaborative anchor/reporter who is responsible for taking ownership of, and working with producers and reporters/colleagues to craft high impact content on linear and digital platforms. The candidate also sets the tone for teamwork and excellence within the station and across the station group. The anchor/reporter is an empathetic and ethical news leader who is committed to uncovering and reporting the facts, and with integrity above all else. He or she must be a team player, compelling journalist, and inclusive storyteller with the ability to authentically engage and connect with a diverse audience. Additionally, the anchor/reporter must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility journalists have to, and with, the communities they serve.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
• Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
• Ability to source and generate impactful enterprise leads, and create impactful content relying on critical relationships with local news makers
• Be tenacious in their ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
• Subject matter expertise in telling high impact stories in breaking news coverage, and ability to demonstrate this from the anchor desk and in the field
• At least five years experience in news reporting
• Ability to report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as owned and distributed digital and social platforms
• Active use of social media for promotion and news gathering
• Demonstrated ability to move an audience between linear and digital platforms
• Willingness to lead and mentor
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to the community, which includes representing the station and participating at various community events
• A college degree or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pvn8-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.