The Disney-owned station WABC in New York City is looking for an experienced daily hire digital producer with the ability to connect with our audience. The ideal candidate must be a dynamic and compelling journalist and communicator who will oversee all elements of a daily television newscast. This team member will work collaboratively with producers, writers, directors, anchors, reporters, graphic artists and other newsroom leaders. The applicant must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility broadcasters have to, and with, the communities we serve. This team member will produce for all platforms and dayparts, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
Eyewitness News seeks a digital content producer who can create, edit, and produce material for our digital, social, and connected TV platforms. You will work in a high-energy, non-stop news environment to help us on breaking news and to create compelling content that our users will want to share.
Curiosity and willingness to learn are important. Some of the day-to-day duties include writing stories, producing breaking news, creating original videos, producing live streams, optimizing content for more reach and impact, and helping to create content for social media and engage our audience.
Daily Hire is an employee hired to work on a daily basis with no requirement of a regular schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Creating content across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen and reflective of the diversity of our audience.
• Use SEO (search engine optimization) and data tools to make editorial decisions
• Managing social and multi-platform content for station accounts
• Working with newsroom leaders and other content producers to create synergy across all platforms on station content
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• Bachelor's Degree (related degree preferred in Journalist, Multimedia/Production, etc.)
• Background in journalism or related discipline
• An understanding of social strategy and SEO with the desire to keep up with emerging platforms
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop (or similar programs)
• Proficient with AP style
• Must be willing to work mornings, evenings, and weekends
The pay rate for this daily hire role in New York is is $1327.20 to $1824.90 per week.
This position is with WABC Television (New York), LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WABC Television (New York), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn541m-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.