The SVP, Content Development will be responsible for creating, leading and executing the multi-platform content vision and strategies across eight local brands and businesses. This will drive efforts across the stations to execute the content initiatives and partnerships that further propel OTV to industry-leading positions across all formats, screens, devices and platforms. This role will be responsible for our commitment to quality journalism and the communities we serve while driving the modernization of the organization in pursuit of audience and revenue growth. The SVP will lead the Race & Culture, Localish, and OTV Content teams.
• Work across the organization to enrich existing content and products, develop new content-based initiatives and work closely with the sales and marketing teams to optimize multi-platform revenue
• Lead the Race and Culture unit to oversee the OTV group's coverage of underrepresented communities and ensure our news programming properly reflects the diversity of their audiences
• Define and execute plans to build scale and effectively grow audiences via innovative data-driven content and product strategies, as well as multi-platform partnerships that expand distribution and, as a result, realize new monetization opportunities
• Develop and manage digital and social media content initiatives that encourage tune-in, expand audience reach and grow revenue across regions
• Drive viewer engagement and show awareness, expand audience share, create and develop alternative revenue streams
• Develop original digital content to provide support and context to local stations' digital presence and to increase the appeal of local news stories in multiple DMAs
• A track record of leading digital content teams to produce compelling, brand appropriate and commercially viable original content
• Relevant experience in leadership roles producing high-quality content in a News organization
• Demonstrated experience championing diversity, equity and inclusion
• Experience developing strategies and executing successful implementation through partnership with stakeholders and guidance of teams under direct supervision
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate a collaborative mindset
• Aptitude to manage back-end technical teams in support of content operations
• A minimum of 12 – 15 years of progressive entertainment, broadcasting or equivalent experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pob0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.