Story Editor, 20/20 (ABC News)
ABC News is looking for a Story Editor to work in the 20/20 booking department.
Duties include ability to find and pitch stories viable as 2 hour yarns, and booking and development of stories of interest. Candidate will be expected to book competitive stories, be available for breaking news and to travel for bookings and trials. Our team also assists the other ABC News shows as needed with breaking news and big stories of interest across platforms. At a future point, candidate will be expected to work a late night shift on a rotating basis on Friday nights through the broadcast at 11PM and travel for stories. Candidate may also be required to work an early morning shift occasionally to watch the morning shows, read the major papers and produce a write up of the suggested stories of the day.
• Candidate should have strong editorial sensibilities and great communication skills.
• Candidate should have strong research skills and a passion for crime stories.
• Candidate should have 3 plus years of journalism experience
• Proven track record in booking and development.
• Strong writer
• Ability to shoot and computer/social media skills a plus.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.