Consumer Intelligence Planner
ABC News is hiring a Social Media Producer.
The Social Media Producer manages ABC News' flagship political, social media accounts and plays a leading role in disseminating ABC News' political reporting and highlighting the work of DC-based correspondents. This candidate would play a vital role in monitoring political events, promoting DC-based digital content, and producing digital videos and graphics to engage with online audiences. The Social Media Producer works closely with the standards and practices department to refine language and content and ensure that editorial decision-making aligns with ABC News' voice and reporting standards. This position also works closely with the social media team in NY on overall social strategy, which includes developing and implementing publishing and social strategies across all social platforms that help us grow traffic, reach, engagement, and total community month over month. The ideal candidate will be able to combine social media brand experience with editorial excellence and sound news judgment. The candidate would also be able to manage and execute content creation, which includes occasionally writing articles for ABCNews.com. Candidates must be able to work in a high-pressure environment, showing leadership, organization, and results. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Minimum 3 Years of work experience producing digital content
• Minimum one year experience managing high-profile brand social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Deep Passion for news/politics and social media is a MUST
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
• Demonstrated experience working with anchors and correspondents on their social presence
• Five years experience producing digital content at the network or cable news level or large local market
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.