Live Desk Line Producer, News
New York, NY
Senior Vice President - Morning News (ABC News)
The Senior Vice President, Morning News, will provide creative oversight, strategy, management and editorial direction for GMA, GMA3, The View and This Week. This role will also oversee cross platform booking across the programs to maximize competitive advantage and drive audience growth across all platforms.
The successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of branded live studio based news and information programing and be comfortable managing the energy of a live audience. The SVP must be able to apply creative leadership to the branding, promotion, marketing, and multiplatform distribution of the program and program content to grow reach and revenue as we build a sustainable business model poised to exploit the rapid change in the industry.
• Oversees and directs the execution of Morning News shows (GMA, GMA3, and The View), leading and coordinating coverage of major stories breaking news, and specials.
• Ensures that program content meets company policies, industry codes, FCC rules, and brand values while continually developing new product to reflect the current competitive environment.
• Executes strategies to meet established goals/objectives to drive ratings, audience and revenue.
• Champions an innovative and highly collaborative diverse culture that promotes idea generation, open communication, respect for others, and excellence.
• Set short and long-term objectives to achieve budgetary goals and grow revenue.
• In collaboration with peer executives, develops and implements a content strategy that attracts and engages diverse audiences across all platforms.
• Guides editorial priorities and works with management to enhance the overall ABC News brand.
• Manages and allocates resources to achieve strategic and operating goals.
• Executes all policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards.
• Interacts with top management to adjust plans and strategies and influence business decisions.
• Proven experience leading within a news organization
• Successful experience as a producer leading complicated dynamic multitopic live programming
• Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies, market opportunities, and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
• Strategy experience, preferably within a news and creative environment
• Proven ability to develop and execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
• Broad understanding of network news and digital businesses
• Strong understanding of the creative process and ability to apply creative sensibility to content
• Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
• Strong external /internal network of creative programing resources
• Proven ability to bring new and innovative approaches across the range of new platforms
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.