ABC News Live has an opening for a Senior Producer who is extremely creative and has extensive experience in producing shows from planning to on-air execution. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling and a desire to be at the forefront of streaming news.
• Manage the rundown, making sure all parts of the show come together
• Write key parts of shows while ensuring accuracy as the final copy editor on scripts
• Work closely with production staff to ensure clean execution on-air
• Willingness to throw out the rundown for breaking news
• Able work with on-air talent, both from a producing/writing in the control room perspective
• Have a strong grounding and appreciation for the 24/7 rhythm of news
• Oversee editorial staff for extended hours of on-air coverage
• Proactively identify and address problems quickly, then independently create informed solutions
• Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within ABC News and outside the company, when it comes to a variety of disciplines of business and production
• Robust Line Producing skills a MUST.
• All candidates should have extensive control room experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends and thrive under daily deadline pressures
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news.
• Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software)
Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.