New York, NY
Be a part of the talented team that brings America the #1 streaming news channel. ABC News Live has an opening for a Segment Producer.
The job entails booking guests for daily news segments and during breaking news coverage, as well as prepping guests for the show, live producing segments in the control room, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for writing suggested introductions and questions for segments, as well as gathering elements for the rundown.
Candidate will be required to work a staggered schedule that will include weekends and late nights, as well as holidays. In addition to long hours, there may be some travel involved as needed.
ABCNL Segment producers will work to ensure guests reflect the demographics of our target audience and present a wide variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News.
• The ideal candidate will have TV production experience including control room experience, booking, field producing, writing and editing.
• iNews and Avid experience a plus
• Minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
• Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
• Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively
• Candidate must be flexible enough to work in a start-up environment, but also understand and work with existing systems in the broadcast side of ABC.
• Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.