Coordinating Producer, Breaking News
New York, NY
Be a part of the talented team that brings America the #1 morning show! Good Morning America has an opening for a Segment Producer. The ideal candidate will have extensive TV production experience including but not limited to booking, field producing, live shot producing and control room experience
stories, prepping guests for the show, live producing segments both in the studio and in the field, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly.
The job entails booking guests for lifestyle segments as well as breaking news stories, prepping guests for the show, live producing segments both in the studio and in the field, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly. The job entails booking and traveling for breaking news
Candidate will be required to work a staggered schedule that can include weekends and late nights. In addition to long hours, there will be travel involved.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a fast paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast.
• Must be a well-seasoned booker and field producer and have experience with producing live shots and travelling on breaking news stories.
• Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to write well, multi-task and prioritize.
• Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets, experience in a control room setting.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.