ABC 11 WTVD, the Disney-owned television station in Raleigh/Durham, is seeking a creative, hands-on newscast producer to join our team.
Are you an excellent writer who lives for breaking news? Do you know how to grow audience with new and innovative ideas? Do you have a passion for compelling content and impactful storytelling? If so, we want to hear from you.
• Champion their newscast
• Take a lead role in editorial meetings
• Work hand-in-hand with management team on story selection
• Actively participate in editorial planning and pitch stories daily
• Stay organized while managing time, people and resources
• Foster teamwork and collaboration through strong communication skills
• React quickly to breaking news and severe weather
• Thrive on deadline pressure
• Command a control booth
• Write stories that are factual and compelling, always keeping the audience in mind
• Create visually stimulating content that will resonate with audiences across multiple platforms
• Incorporate digital elements into newscasts in a meaningful way
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Must have general knowledge of Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Snapchat
• At least 3 years local TV newscast producing experience preferred
• Experience with ENPS and Ross graphics systems preferred
• College degree in journalism or related field
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej855-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.