Photographer / Editor - Fox Weather
Los Angeles, CA
Newsgathering Producer to collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
Key responsibilities include:
• Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
• Collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
• Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations.
• Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery; including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production.
• Writing, vetting, carrying scripts through to approval, with varying degrees of reporter involvement.
• Writing accompanying stories for digital.
• Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other post production elements.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
• Strong knowledge of newsgathering, including multiple transmission formats, and social media.
• Continuously develop and maintain sources that result in original reporting and sourcing
• Flexibility to work various shifts and travel when needed
• Ability to travel and to work long and varied schedules
• Commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage and solid news judgment
• Five years' experience in a major television news organization
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro1m96-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.