Content Producer For Newsource Distribution
Newsgathering Producer to collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
Key responsibilities include:
• Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
• Collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
• Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations.
• Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery; including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production.
• Writing, vetting, carrying scripts through to approval, with varying degrees of reporter involvement.
• Writing accompanying stories for digital.
• Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other post production elements.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
• Strong knowledge of newsgathering, including multiple transmission formats, and social media.
• Continuously develop and maintain sources that result in original reporting and sourcing
• Flexibility to work various shifts and travel when needed
• Ability to travel and to work long and varied schedules
• Commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage and solid news judgment
• Five years' experience in a major television news organization
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience