The original Action News has an opening for a newscast producer. This person will have the opportunity to join a dominant news team in a major market as we make our mark in the next era of TV & digital news.
We want a news producer who recognizes what viewers want to see on multiple platforms and has a great understanding of all social platforms. We absolutely must have a creative producer who can showcase content in new & inventive ways. This person must be a solid writer who can cut through the police speak & jargon to put together clear & concise copy for air & digital.
• Craft newscasts as assigned by management
• Write clear and compelling copy
• Edit video
• Complete tasks on deadline
• Communicate clearly with team members before, during and after a newscast
• Collaborate with digital team on content that will be cross-posted
• Create template graphics & maps for on air use
• Stay informed on news of the day
• Always be willing to learn & improve
TV news producing experience in top 50 market
College degree preferred
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include late nights, overnights, weekends and/or holidays
Experience with Dalet, Adobe Premiere editing a plus.
This position is located at WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, PA. EEO/M/F/V/D/SO/GI
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.