Post Production Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Preditor (WRITER/PRODUCER/EDITOR PROMO)
Do YOU love television? ABC Entertainment Marketing is seeking a highly experienced Writer/Producer/Editor (Preditor) who will be responsible for writing, producing and editing ABC on-air and off-air, high-quality, buzz-worthy and breakthrough creative marketing materials. This position requires wild creativity and a developed sense of responsibility and organization. This person must be an endless resource of ideas for their own projects and for the department as a whole – from concepting and executing on custom creative, copywriting and project management to the meat and potatoes of the thirty-second-promo, this is a role for someone with a refined sense of creative excellence and unmatched storytelling. If you have sharp timing and bold ideas and will bring endless enthusiasm to every project with a voracious desire to create compelling, engaging, enticing, unique and powerful work, we want to meet YOU.
• Work with our Creative Directors to develop A/V creative for on-air and off-air spots including trailers, topical/episodic creative, brand/image content, long-form and short-form sizzles, original programming teases, BTS, custom shoot creative, etc.
• Write innovative copy and conceptualize unique, contemporary and compelling creative
• Develop, write, produce and edit multiple concepts for each assignment
• Exhibit comfort in ability to pitch ideas and cuts to all levels of management
• Stay current on programming schedule and marketing calendars in order to better strategize and foresee promotional projects
• Meticulously complete project assignment forms and other administrative paperwork
• Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
• Work with the team's Assistant Editors and Associate Producers to support your assigned programming and their growth in the department.
• Communicate with and inspire graphic designers and supervise execution
• Direct audio engineers, voice-over talent and other post A/V needs
• A minimum of 7 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots & trailers for television, preferably premium scripted television with a network, streamer or creative agency.
• Must have experience promoting scripted original series as well as alternative/reality programming
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
• Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
• Passion for staying current on industry trends
• Must know Adobe Premiere and Mac based work environment. After Effects and Adobe suite a plus.
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
• College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline preferred
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.