Podcast Producer, The Indicator From Planet Money
New York, NY
Podcast Associate Producer (Freelance) - Part Time
ABC Audio is seeking a highly motivated, enterprising and innovative Associate Producer to join our podcasting team.
This new addition will work collaboratively with our on-demand audio Producers to build on the success of our current podcast library, including ABC's daily news podcast Start Here, and true crime hits The Dropout and Truth and Lies: Jeffrey Epstein.
This person will also play an integral role in helping to launch new podcast series, including longform narrative storytelling and conversational topical offerings.
The successful Associate Producer candidate has a minimum of two years of prior experience in podcasting, and a proficiency in audio editing. We are seeking someone with sharp editorial news judgement and strong writing skills who works collaboratively with others. Prefer someone with strong social media skills.
This position is funded for a minimum of six months with the possibility of extending and/or converting into a staff position.
• Pitching podcasting segment and story ideas
• Editing and mixing audio for various assignments, including daily, weekly and longform podcasting projects
• Locating strongest timely sound to support storytelling in Start Here and other daily/weekly podcasts
• Searching ABC archives for relevant historical material to enhance the listening experience in all our podcasts
• Working with our rights and clearances, legal and standards departments to vet and clear material for use in podcasts
• Fact checking and providing research assistance to podcast talent and producers, and assisting with booking relevant guests
• Entry level podcasting and/or radio experience
• Background in journalism and keen interest in current events, history and pop culture
• Thorough understanding of podcasting industry, trends and techniques
• Proficiency in audio editing and sound mixing
• Experience in creating social media posts and using social management tools
• Sharp attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.