Nightline has an opening for a Senior Producer who is extremely creative and has extensive experience in producing longform pieces from planning to on-air execution. This role calls for someone who has a passion for magazine style storytelling and a desire to be at the forefront of streaming news. The Senior Producer will be the driving force behind the creative direction of segments or shows. They will oversee budgeting. Due to the nature of the content and the high-speed production of the show - agility, flexibility, strong editorial judgement and superior storytelling skills are a must.
• Launch and mentor teams every step of the way from pitch to post
• Proactively identify and address problems quickly, then independently create informed solutions
• Expert communicator – coming up with a vision and a plan and clearly communicating that with the team
• Ideas generator. Leaning into the creative space where many ideas are generated and launched each week.
• Work collaboratively with main show staff as well as brainstorm premium content for new streaming ventures.
• All candidates should have extensive producing and field producing experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts, and thrive under daily deadline pressures
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news.
• Knowledge of documentary style work flows a plus
• Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1xm1-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.