ABC News Live has an opening for a Senior Producer who is extremely creative and has extensive experience in producing shows from planning to on-air execution. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling and a desire to be at the forefront of streaming news.
• Manage the rundown, making sure all parts of the show come together
• Write key parts of shows while ensuring accuracy as the final copy editor on scripts
• Work closely with production staff to ensure clean execution on-air
• Willingness to throw out the rundown for breaking news
• Able work with on-air talent, both from a producing/writing in the control room perspective
• Have a strong grounding and appreciation for the 24/7 rhythm of news
• Oversee editorial staff for extended hours of on-air coverage
• Proactively identify and address problems quickly, then independently create informed solutions
• Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within ABC News and outside the company, when it comes to a variety of disciplines of business and production
• Robust Line Producing skills a MUST.
• All candidates should have extensive control room experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends and thrive under daily deadline pressures
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news.
• Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software)
Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo3o4-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.