ABC News is hiring a Senior Producer for 20/20.
Managing the editorial process of a long form broadcast, and generating new ideas for future content. Candidates must be able to effectively manage multiple story assignments and show production in addition to supervising the staff working on those stories. 20/20 is a collaborative show, and excellent people skills are required. Candidates should have a minimum of ten years' experience in long form. Breaking news or daily show experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under pressure and handle constant deadlines.
Must be able to work a flexible news show schedule including weekends and some holidays.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience producing long form broadcast or documentary style content
• Strong editorial judgment with demonstrated experience pitching stories
• Minimum five years experience writing broadcast scripts
• Excellent people skills able to manage
• Minimum five years of experience managing a staff of two or more in addition to multiple stories at various stages of development
• The ability to independently manage and motivate a team
• Proven experience working well under pressure
• 8 or more years experience with breaking news and/or daily news show experience crash producing segments and or long form content/network specials
• Experience in crime and investigative reporting genres
Bachelor's degree or higher
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwkv4-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.