We are looking for a Senior Manager, Publicity at ABC News. The Senior Manager will be responsible for all aspects of media relations for ''20/20'' and ABC Audio, including day-to-day publicity efforts and the long-term communications strategy. The position reports to the VP, Publicity.
• Conceive and execute comprehensive and creative publicity strategy for ''20/20,'' ABC Audio, talent, executives and content.
• Conceive and proactively pitch consumer and trade stories and secure placement in print, broadcast, and online media about ''20/20'' and ABC Audio, its anchors, correspondents, hosts, talent, and executives.
• Generate television, print, wire, radio and online coverage of exclusive reports, investigations, and interviews.
• Write press releases and other promotional materials to publicize ratings/listenership, upcoming programming and newsmaker interviews.
• Handle interview requests for anchors, correspondents, hosts, talent, and executives.
• Secure industry panel opportunities for executives.
• Develop and maintain a strong working rapport with talent.
• Work cross-functionally with areas of ABC News to promote the programming internally and externally.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
• Understand the industry landscape, karat on top of developments and share insights with leadership.
• Support crisis communications.
• Keep senior management informed of publicity activities and challenges.
• Minimum seven years' experience in public relations, corporate communications or related field.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple campaigns at any given time.
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to secure earned media.
• Talent relations experience.
• Crisis communications experience.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekend days.
• Strong writing and presentation skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Strong, collaborative, professional, respectful and great teammate.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Experience working in news, television, media and/or politics.
• BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university.
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $114,500 to $157,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5nvje-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.