Senior Executive Producer - This Week (ABC News)
ABC News is seeking a Senior Executive Producer for ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,''
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' '' GMA DAY'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world.
The Senior Executive Producer, ''This Week'' will provide creative oversight, management and editorial leadership for ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos''. The Senior EP:
• Oversees and directs the execution of ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' including ''This Week'' produced special programming on Hulu and ABC News Live.
• Works closely with the ''This Week'' team and the ABC News Washington Bureau to expand the ''This Week'' brand across new platforms and opportunities.
• Manages relationships with ABC News' political contributors, in coordination with ABC News talent executives.
• Closely partners with the Senior Executive Producer, ABC News Special Units & Disney General Entertainment, to develop the booking strategy for ''This Week'' and support key relationships with the White House, Capitol Hill and federal departments and agencies to facilitate competitive guest bookings for the show.
• In collaboration with peer executives, develops and implements a content strategy for ''This Week'' that attracts and engages diverse audiences across all platforms.
• Champions an innovative, highly collaborative, diverse culture that promotes idea generation, open communication, respect for others, and excellence.
• Executes strategies to meet established goals/objectives to drive ratings, audience and revenue.
• Sets short and long-term objectives to achieve budgetary goals.
• Executes all policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and standards.
• This role can be based in Washington or New York but will spend substantial time in Washington with the ''This Week'' staff and working closely with the Washington booking team.
• Minimum 10+ years of results-oriented work experience in a video production role
• Strong editorial judgment
• Deep knowledge of the political landscape
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
• Proven ability to build, manage, and lead a team
Bachelor's degree from a four year accredited college or university
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx1vo-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.