ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact - driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award - winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News
Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/2 0,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel;
ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Di gital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news
and industry - leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news servic e. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The Senior Digital Systems Engineer are part of a of an engineering team primarily focused on designing and constructing the various technical platforms that power ABC News' digital platforms. They implement projects aligned with the company's business objectives while m aintaining and enhancing technology and can handle complex technical issues independently. They also have practical experience in designing and maintaining production systems. Working as part of a team, they collaborate with junior engineers, support staff , and third -
party partners to implement technology solutions that meet the needs of leaders in technical, business, and
This is a unique opportunity for Senior Digital Systems Engineers to implement the technology needed to stand up and maintain our new cutting - edge facility that allows ABC News the ability to acquire, produce, and store our content.
• Design, implement, and sustain media technology environments that allow ABC News the ability to acquire, produce, and store our content.
• Focus on integrating media over IP workflows in very large-scale environments; specifically deploying SMPTE 2110 audio/video flows in a managed IT ecosystem.
• Analyze and troubleshoot streaming audio/video signals in traditional SDI and IP 2110 essence flow routing environments.
• Create documentation including test plans and operating runbooks.
• Respond to escalations and resolve issues that affect acquisition, production, and content distribution related to IT system outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems, and conduct diagnostic testing, repair, and replacement activities of IT systems.
• Utilize system software health and performance monitoring platforms; troubleshoot and participate in repairing system problems and failures, participate in maintenance of systems as needed, installs software patches, and updates to resolve and avoid service problems, and troubleshoot system problems as they relate to these services.
• Manage third-party service providers by implementing the agreed upon scope of services within the various signed service agreements.
• Select, train, empower, and evaluate technical staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
• Knowledge of television production workflows.
• 5+ years of demonstrated and proven experience in ensuring efficient design/build, uptime, and overall stability of the technical environments of live media production and distribution.
• Familiarity with integrating, implementing, or refreshing broadcast control room equipment, including familiarity with modern broadcast cabling infrastructure used in broadcast environments.
• Familiarity with operating and deploying 2110 audio/video over IP systems, specifically in flow management in both dedicated and COTS based switching systems.
• Familiarity with Broadcast controllers, such as Evertz Magnum, in SDI or 2110 environments, especially with deployment, expansion and updates in large routing systems
• Familiarity with test equipment focused on SMPTE 2110 connectivity both at the physical and management layers.
• Possess a strong background with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth environment with minimal direction, delivering under tight deadlines while multitasking, prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to team members.
• Experience supporting, designing, or building IP-based broadcast equipment including one or more of the following:
• IP-based broadcast equipment including routers, switchers, audio boards, signal processers, encoder/decoder, video scalers, playback systems, etc.
• File-based workflows like enterprise Media Asset Management systems (Cloud-based Cloud Compute or Local Network-based) including storage, compute, encode and distribution.
• Production control systems such as Imagine Communications or Grass Valley automation systems, Riedel Trunking, Lawo, Calrec, Evertz, Ross and others.
• Transmission systems such as RF (Radio Frequency), Satellite Distribution, Fiber Distribution, etc.
• AWS Infrastructures and other cloud-based technologies including S3/Glacier storage and cloud compute (EC2) services.
• Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Editing (Avid, Adobe)
• Audio/Comms (Riedel)
• Fabric management and/or fabric support (SMPTE 2110)
• Production switchers and cameras (Calrec, Sony)
• Orchestration and control of software defined networks (SDN)
• Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent major, and/or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $107,338 to $143,990 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn7q41-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.