Senior Broadcast Producer, GMA (ABC News)
GMA has an opening for senior broadcast producer - head of the second hour of the nation's #1 morning show. This leader will be tasked with programming and running the 8-9 am hour of the broadcast and heading up a team of producers, writers and more to create the hour. This individual will also work closely with the show Executive Producer on content decisions as well as news operations to create systems that ensure the effective use of show resources. The senior broadcast producer must have live control room experience and be well-versed in graphics workflow, line producing, segment timing, and studio operations.
Candidates should excel at all aspects of producing: pitching daily story ideas, booking experts, arranging shoots, live studio producing in high-pressure environment and scripting. Needs to have strong experience in conceiving, setting up and executing both newsy and creative lifestyle segments.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a control room producing for a live show at the large market, cable or network level.
• Demonstrated experience building a rundown.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• The ability to independently manage and motivate a team
• Experience in making editorial judgements as well as an overall understanding of lifestyle programs.
• Previous management of large teams is desirable
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About ABC News:
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxeo3-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.