Rights & Clearances Associate, Business Affairs (PH) - ABC News
Join a dynamic team and work with the brightest media and legal minds in the business on the proliferation of ABC News content as our Rights and Clearances Associate. The position will work report into the Director of Rights & Clearances.
The ABC News Rights & Clearances Associate is responsible for managing the rights and clearances process from the various stages of development, production, and post-production for ABC News/Hulu projects. Manage production workflow and quality control of deliverables. This professional will work closely with members of the News Division's production units providing guidance and advice on rights matters, including negotiating and drafting license and settlement agreements. They will also coordinate and perform various administrative tasks in connection with this position. This position requires a highly organized team player who will interact daily with the Rights & Clearance staff, the production staff, the legal department, editorial practices, the NewsOne affiliate service, the internet group and other departments.
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience.
• Must have basic understanding of intellectual property contracts and key provisions.
• Strong customer-facing project management experience.
• Proven ability to manage multiple large scale projects on time and in scope without supervision and adjust quickly to a fast-changing, 24/7 breaking news environment.
• Must have experience negotiating and drafting agreements for third party material (photos and footage) for ABC News Programming and be skilled at evaluating and settling third party claims.
• Must be able to screen and provide administrative and research assistance for current news shows and new programming and distribution opportunities; and assistance with other assigned projects.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MARS, SAP, and Social Media.
• Must have great communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Acts as project leader as appropriate on assigned initiatives.
• At least 3-5 Years in a rights and clearances professional environment.
• Experience with handling copyright clearances and work with stock footage or photo houses.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Juris Doctor (preferred)
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxke5-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.