The Producer, Visual Verification, a key member of ABC's newsgathering team, obtains and verifies user- generated content (UGC) during breaking news events.
In this role, you will exercise strong news judgment enabling you to proactively identify the multimedia needs of ABC News platforms. And, you have the ability to pitch and present material clearly, accurately, and compellingly.
Knowledge of cutting-edge open-source intelligence (OSINT) methods is highly desirable; strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
You will be encouraged to pitch and write original reported pieces as the news cycle allows on topics including, but not limited to, mis- and disinformation and social media platform policy.
This role requires flexible hours including some weekends. The location of this role is flexible, and we are open to candidates who are based and have work authorization in areas where they can regularly work in one of our bureau locations in New York and Los Angeles.
• Monitoring social platforms for UGC related to breaking news
• Use all available methods to verify videos and photos
• Secure proper clearance for network use of multimedia content
• Liaise with Standards and Legal departments as necessary
• Pitch cleared and verified content to all ABC News platforms
• Report for ABC News platforms
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use both OSINT and traditional journalism methods to verify multimedia
• Understanding of issues around mis- and disinformation and social platform policies
• Deep knowledge of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat
• Proficiency with social media curation tools
• Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
• At least 3+ years' experience with news organization, including internship experience
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and create ideas in a fast-paced environment
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9qzm-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.