Are you passionate about the power of audio storytelling? From compelling, provocative conversations to deeply reported long-form narratives, ABC Audio is committed to growing its award-winning podcast portfolio and creating engaging, must-listen content – and we need a talented Producer to help us increase listenership and grow our business!
We're looking for a Producer who's done it all: from creating and managing content, to working with marketing and sales partners! An incomparable attention to detail, strong writing ability, and deep knowledge of the on-demand audio space are essential.
The successful candidate is results-oriented, highly organized, and driven. Experience in podcast production and operations is a must. We are seeking someone who can meet deadlines independently, but who also can effectively collaborate with executives, producers, and talent from across the organization.
• Assist with production of daily and seasonal podcasts
• Strategize and execute plans for show launches across a range of content verticals
• Work with our Director of Podcast Programming to develop and implement engagement strategies across our brands and platforms
• Execute feed drops, promo swaps, co-marketing with aligned content and third-party publishers
• Aide in the development of key art, audio and video promos, digital and social content, event signage and giveaways, and other creative assets
• Identify innovative ways to help grow reach, improve existing workflows and systems
• Assist production teams on an as-needed basis
• Track and analyze content performance
• At least 4 years of podcast experience at a professional newsroom, production house, agency, etc.
• Strong writing skills and a keen interest in current events, history and pop culture.
• Sharp attention to detail and organizational skills, and ability to work and communicate effectively under pressure.
• Thorough understanding of the podcast industry, techniques and trends.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $73,200 to $98,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8n65k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.