Manager, Business Affairs (PH) – ABC NEWS
ABC NEWS seeks a Business Affairs Manager (Project Hire), reporting to the Executive Director of Business Affairs. Individual should have the ability to manage business affairs activities that support deals or deals under negotiation; distill complex contracts into manageable summaries; facilitate negotiations by securing needed rights and clearances and conducting routine negotiations on portions of deals; work within tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; is familiar with documentary, docu-follow, and narrative non-fiction projects.
• Manage the negotiation a high volume of deals in a fast-paced environment in connection with developing, producing, and/or acquiring content for a wide variety of programming, including non-scripted series, limited series, documentaries, and/or specials.
• Negotiate ancillary production related agreements such as producer agreements, talent agreements, option agreements, and underlying rights agreements.
• Takes assigned tasks and accomplishes them by creating work plans and procedures. Enforces applicable policies and may recommend changes in areas where potential improvement can be cultivated. Effectively uses available resources to meet operating plans.
• Partners with various internal teams including, but not limited to, legal, production, labor, standards, publicity, editorial/creative and marketing to ensure that all deals adhere to company policy, deadlines are met and shares information to transact business agreements and improve cross-departmental processes.
• Maintain a database of all pertinent information for current deals, including rights information and restrictions on content, if any. Work with R&C staff that executes proper rights documentation and preparations of reports that are provided to International, Home Viewing and Digital. In conjunction with the reports, advice on available windows for content distribution and limitations on redistribution.
• Supports deals after close by tracking pertinent dates and cash flow models.
• Reviewing and approving invoices and payments in conjunction with production management.
• Manage relationships with agents, lawyers and executives throughout entertainment industry
• Minimum 5 years' experience in media, business, corporate law, with 2 years' experience in management.
• Must have strong familiarity with documentary, narrative non-fiction world.
• Must have outstanding writing, reviewing, negotiating of contracts.
• Must have excellent communication and organization skills.
• Must be superior at building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
• Bachelor's degree
• J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and admission to a state bar is strongly preferred.
About ABC News:
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyoj00-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.