ABC News Live (ABCNL) is looking for an Executive Producer to help lead the #1 streaming channel in America. The ideal candidate should be calm under pressure, a creative problem solver and passionate about breaking news, and understand the state of streaming and the future of news in the non-linear space. The candidate should be ready to creatively lead and grow both the channel and the team.
• Lead the breaking news & special events plan for ABCNL while working closely with the Senior Executive Producer of Special Events for ABC Network making sure resources are shared and the workflows of both entities are working together
• Pitch, produce and manage instant news specials and documentary news programming.
• Manage ABCNL's relationships with studio & field production teams, graphics, HR, finance and business strategy teams
• Support fellow Executive Producers in a variety of ways, from backfilling to helping plan events to strategizing on where to best find and utilize new resources
• Champion an innovative, highly collaborative, diverse culture that promotes idea generation, open communication, respect for others, and excellence.
• Manage the relationship to Disney's DMED team in charge of distribution, partner relationships, audience growth and engagement, analytics and sales.
• Able to work with on-air talent, both from a producing/writing perspective while in the control room
• Have a strong background and understanding of the needs of 24/7 news
• Oversee editorial staff for extended hours of live breaking news coverage
• Proactively identify and address problems, while immediately coming up with solutions that work for both ABC News Live and other shows and platforms that might impacted by those decisions.
• Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships across ABC News and the Walt Disney Company, as well as outside vendors, when it comes to a variety of disciplines of business and television production
• A minimum of 10 years of live producing experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news.
• Candidates should have extensive live control room experience as well as excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends and thrive under daily deadline pressures
• Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software)
Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejw77-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.