Executive Editorial Producer – Integrated Content Strategy (ABC News)
ABC News is hiring an Executive Editorial Producer to lead and execute productions across all shows and platforms, of relevant, compelling content, reporting on the experiences and interests of culturally diverse audiences. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling, drive to produce creative content and a desire to be at the forefront of inclusive content and audience development. As a leader on the ABC News Integrated Content Strategy team, the Executive Editorial Producer will help shape the way in which we cover news. This person will collaborate with the Executive Director of Development in executing on the strategies as set by the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content.
The Executive Editorial Producer will report to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content Strategy.
• Launch and oversee the development and production(pitch to air) of daily reporting, network specials and longform projects, aimed at building diverse audiences across all ABC News shows and platforms
• Manage and oversee coordination of the Race and Culture reporting teams providing editorial oversight and guidance, including but not limited to story and script approvals, and screening pieces
• Work directly with news executives and executive producers driving the strategy, planning, and execution of cross-division productions, maximizing IP material central to non-fiction innovative multicultural storytelling, leveraging the power and reach of ABC News shows and platforms
• Partner with the Executive Director, Development in creating pitches for the ABC network, Hulu, and third party distribution partners
• Run weekly Race & Culture editorial meeting
• Track progress of multiple projects in various stages of development and production, providing updates to SVP Integrated Content Strategy and Executive Director, Development
• Partner with human resources to oversee and manage department staffing needs
• Develop editorial initiatives to showcase new, diverse voices, including talent showcases, reporting workshops, booking database.
• Partner with the audience development team in using content analysis tools to examine show and platform performances toward increasing representation of diverse voices and reporting.
• Coordinate special project launches and marketing with division wide partners
• Minimum ten (10) years' experience in an editorial role with two (2) of those years in a leadership capacity executing on development strategies, editorial decisions and developing unique story opportunities
• Minimum two (2) years' experience producing longform content
• Minimum two(2) years' experience working at a broadcast, cable, or large market news network/station OR equivalent live 24/7 production environment working under tight deadlines
• Minimum two (2) years' demonstrated experience collaborating and presenting feedback and recommendations to internal and externals stakeholders
• Minimum two (2) years' experience managing a team of 5 or more providing direct editorial oversight and guidance
• Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
• Eleven or more (11) years of experience in an editorial role with three (3) of those years in a leadership capacity executing on development strategies, editorial decisions and developing unique story opportunities across multiple platforms
• Prior experience creating and presenting pitch decks
• Demonstrated experience producing for multiple reporting platforms, including with a focus on culturally diverse storytelling
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98z5m-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.