Editorial Producer, ABC News Longform (PH)
ABC News Longform is hiring an Editorial Producer. The editorial producer for longform will develop and book stories for largescale productions including narrative series and special features for broadcast on multiple platforms. This booker will identify and manage communications with a variety of subjects and interviewees. Coordinating editorial and logistics in high-pressured situations to maintain consistent and professional communications with many story subjects and contributors is the basis of the job. Position includes research, reporting and outreach to sources and interview subjects. There will be an expectation to generate ideas for contributors and elements on stories as editorial angles shift. Maintenance of editorial timelines and databases of contributors is important. The editorial producer will be expected to correspond directly with subjects across the entirety of the production from conception through broadcast. This role will report into the Senior Executive Producer on various longform projects and various stages of production and will work in collaboration with longform production staff.
This position is statused as a project hire.
• Intensive story development on variety of topics.
• Verbal and written outreach to variety of potential contributors and sources.
• Multitask multiple projects under deadline pressures and shifting priorities.
• Demonstrates impeccable communication skills and professionalism.
• Instinct for appropriate interaction with subjects in varying and challenging news circumstances
• Largescale management of multiples sources through conception of project to broadcast.
• Collaborate across multiple platforms and staff on various longterm projects.
• Ability to shift gears and prioritize needs for breaking news specials when need arises.
• Synthesize stories into pitch letters, story treatments and pitch decks.
• At least 5+ years booking and reporting stories for largescale news or documentary productions.
• Track record of sound journalistic ethics and basic knowledge media law
• Clear understanding of journalistic standards and practices
• Established resources and contacts across various industries.
• Effective communication skills is essential
BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw98m2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.