Be a part of the talented team that brings you the #1 streaming news channel. ABC News Live has an opening for an Editorial Producer (booker).
The job entails coordinating guest bookings for our ABCNL – Dayside shows. The Editorial Producer will report to the Supervising Booking Producer and work closely with the dayside Executive Producer & Senior producers. The Editorial Producer will book guests for daily news/futures segments/breaking news coverage. Experience with breaking news/control room preferred as candidate will be tasked to coordinate with multiple platforms during breaking news events.
In addition, the Editorial Producer will prep guests for the show, live produce segments in the control room, and pitch and vet stories thoroughly. This role will also responsible for writing suggested introductions and questions for segments, as well as gathering elements for the rundown as needed.
In addition, the editorial producer will be a team leader - working to grow and mentor young talent and be the example of a smart, positive and driven professional.
Candidate may need to work a staggered schedule that will include weekends and late nights, as well as holidays as needed. In addition to long hours, travel may be expected as needed.
ABCNL Editorial Producers will work to ensure guests reflect the demographics of our target audience and present a wide variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News.
• The ideal candidate will have TV production experience including control room experience, booking, field producing, writing, and editing.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
• Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
• Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively.
• Candidate must be flexible enough to work in a start-up environment, but also understand and work with existing systems on the broadcast side of ABC
• iNews and Avid experience
• Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx1no-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.