Digital News Photo Editor (Freelance) (ABC News)
We're looking for a passionate freelance news photo editor to join our team at ABC News digital. Must be a team player with newsroom experience, able to work under deadline pressure to find compelling, storytelling images. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, digital publishing systems (CMS) and digital asset management systems (DAMS), along with a degree in journalism is required. Candidates should possess an understanding of copyright law and usage rights, as well as solid communication skills including writing, strong news judgment, and the ability to multi-task in fast-paced news environment.
Responsibilities: Working independently, you will research, edit and produce images and visual stories across digital platforms, adhering to ABC News standards and practices. You will contribute to our news coverage by pitching compelling photos and story ideas, while collaborating across teams to enhance the visual storytelling of ABC News digital.
• 5 years' experience as a photo editor at a news organization
• Experience in digital publishing
• Ability to manage daily and long-term projects under deadline
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders
• An understanding of copyright law, usage rights and news standards
• Adobe Photoshop and other photo editing software
• Experience with DAMS and CMS publishing tools, as well as office software
• Evenings and weekends as well as some holidays are expected, along with flexibility to cover news.
• Knowledge of SEO and AP Style
• Experience with Digital Analytics
• Video/multimedia experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in [location] is $38.83 to $52.09 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1527m-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.