Nightline has an opening for a Coordinating Producer. We are looking for someone who is extremely creative and experienced. This role calls for a Swiss Army Knife - someone who has the passion for immersive storytelling, the time management skills of a daily news crasher, as well as long form magazine-style sensibilities. As a leader on the Nightline team, they will help shape the way in which we cover news, brainstorm premium content for new streaming ventures, and mentor other staff.
The main role of the Coordinating Producer is to develop, shoot, write, oversee edits of video projects from start to finish while meeting the strictest of deadlines. This includes sometimes turning 8-minute pieces in one day, and other times over a few weeks – depending on the project. The Coordinating Producer is also responsible to lead the producing team on breaking news crashes and come up with innovative and fresh ideas. The Coordinating Producer will be the driving force behind the creative direction of segments or shows, and serve as the main communicator with crews, as well as with talent and editors. They will oversee logistics and budgeting. Due to the nature of the content and the high-speed production of the show - agility, flexibility, strong editorial judgement and superior storytelling skills are a must.
• Pitch and brainstorm new conceits of storytelling, series, and formats
• Develop and fully execute all greenlit pitches
• Coordinate, organize, and book all elements for shoot
• Manage crews and gear
• Direct all shoots
• Must be confident working with and directing high profile talent, and ensuring preparedness
• Write scripts, manage fact checking, and ascertain legal and standards approvals
• Drive and oversee post-production edits from a creative standpoint from start to finish
• Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, producing video with a rapid turnaround in high volume
• Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities
• All candidates should have extensive production experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• A willingness to work different shifts, as needed, and thrive under daily deadline pressures. Open to working long hours, weekends
• A minimum of 5 years of experience at producer level with a proven track record at well-regarded network, production company, or equivalent
• Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
• Entrepreneurial, strong self-starting approach to work
• Working knowledge of cameras and related gear
• Working knowledge of Avid editing systems or equivalent
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed, sometimes with short notice
• Bachelor's degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmznvv-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.