Good Morning America is hiring a Coordinating Producer to join the GMA Digital video team.
We are looking for a Coordinating Producer who excels at multitasking in a fast-paced environment and wearing both creative and logistical hats throughout the production process.
The Coordinating Producer reports to the GMA Digital Video Deputy Managing Editor and is a key member of the department, both producing and coordinating digital video content for Good Morning America's O&O and GMA's social audiences.
The Coordinating Producer must excel at all facets of production, have a passion for digital storytelling and innovation and be an organized producer and strategic thinker. We are looking for someone with a track record of editorial excellence in producing a range of digital lifestyle videos across content verticals, including culture/entertainment, fashion/beauty, health/ wellness, family and human interest stories, news, and more. A deep understanding of audience development and how videos resonate across different digital platforms, from YouTube and TikTok to O&O audiences, is a must for this role.
This role has both creative and administrative responsibilities, including managing logistics for the team and working with outside production companies as needed. This person should be a creative team player who is willing to jump in on any project big or small.
• Curate daily video turns for social and site and coordinate daily video programming
• Build and maintain futures calendar in conjunction with the Deputy Managing Editor of GMA Video and communicate the latest projects across teams
• Maintain team's production calendar
• Coordinate evergreen and tentpole content planning
• Manage production, including all logistics, for special projects, sponsored content, and all field shoots
• Responsible for producing and coordinating long-term, brand moving initiatives as well as daily, weekly, and or monthly videos as needed
• Manage fact-checking and manage legal and standards approval process for videos
• Regularly pitch content that is a fit for our brand voice
• Conduct pre-interviews and interviews as needed to support overall team projects
• Train new hires across GMA Digital on team workflows
• Create new workflows and systems to maximize collaboration across digital, broadcast, and all teams
• A minimum of 5 years of experience at a broadcast or digital production company, or equivalent environment
• A willingness to work different shifts, as needed, and thrive under daily deadline pressures
• Communication skills (written and verbal) – Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
• Entrepreneurial, strong self-starting approach to work
• Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, producing video with a rapid turnaround
• Working knowledge of cameras and related gear
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere editing systems
• Must be confident working with high profile talent and executives across the company
• Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities and take direction
• Should be someone who is a team player and able to take on any project big or small
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rop402-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.