The Art Director is the creative liaison between the artists in the graphics department and the ABC NEWS editorial units. The Art Director collaborates with producers and works with graphic artists to visualize editorial ideas to translate and improve upon initial concepts.
• The candidate must be highly creative, innovative, extremely motivated, organized and able to handle creative pressures under extreme deadlines.
• This person needs to be an ingenious visual problem solver.
• The art director must be able to manage quick turnaround of graphics assets and sometimes rapid changes. They should work well in a team and with a wide range of people or independently as the situation demands.
• The ideal candidate is someone who can synthesize creative asks and requirements and make decisions about production capabilities and challenges.
• They also need to be able to create graphics as well as manage artists and projects with great competence and skill.
• This position requires hands-on proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and either C4D or Maya
• Must have 5 years as a designer overseeing motion graphics production in a multi-media environment.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, work ethic and a desire to be in a media and breaking news environment.
• Excellent people skills, must be able to manage creative staff and relationship with production.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and 3D.
• Strong editorial background/experience.
• Detail-oriented with proficiency at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Ability to think & communicate clearly and effectively, contributing to all discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
• Superior typography and design sensibilities
• Knowledge of graphics software such as XPression and VizRt, and live graphics production experience is a bonus.
• College Education in Design
• BFA in Graphic/Digital Design or Animation
• 5 Years Experience in Graphic Design/Digital/Broadcast
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $109,280 to $150,260 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2kw52-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.