Associate Producer, Newsone
New York, NY
We are seeking a reporter (off air) to join ABC News' Digital team to cover general assignment stories. The ideal candidate is a rock-solid self-starter with proven experience covering breaking news as well as writing compelling news features. The Multimedia Reporter will have a strong sense of how to approach a story holistically – weaving together information from the field, their own reporting, videos, photos and social embeds to create stories that are sharp, informative and highly visual.
• Pitch and execute daily general assignment stories and long-term enterprise ideas
• Turn around day-of stories with speed and accuracy
• Collaborate with newsgathering and broadcast show teams
• Identify fresh, engaging story ideas, angles and sources
• At least 5 years hard news writing experience
• Proven ability to write clean copy on a deadline
• Experience with web publishing and AP style
• Track record of collaborating with reporters and editors of all experience levels in a fast-paced newsroom
• Flexibility in schedule - regular schedule to include 1 weekend day
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Master's degree in journalism from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.