Senior Financial Analyst
This individual will report to the Senior Manager in the ABC Studios Finance team responsible for evaluating the financial impact of above-the-line talent deals and will participate in forecast, annual budget, and 5 year plan processes for ABC Studios.
• Develop and maintain complex financial models to calculate ultimate participation liability and cash flow for quarterly close, monthly forecasts, annual budget, and 5 year plan
• Perform a detailed review of the 3rd party and co-production participation statements to ensure proper reporting to 3rd parties and other studios
• Work with Business Affairs to obtain their approval of participation and co-production statements
• Partner with Business Affairs, Legal, Participation and Residual groups to ensure consistent interpretation and administration of deals
• Work closely with members in ABCS finance and ancillary markets to share and evaluate ultimate, production, and distribution information
• Perform ad hoc analyses and provide decision support to senior management in Finance, Legal, and Business Affairs (e.g., new deal proposals, talent renegotiations, participation audits, litigation support)
• Evaluate detailed legal contracts as they relate to contingent compensation for above-the-line talent (e.g., producers, writers, directors); analyze components of agreements and determine the triggers of financial liability
• Identify and recommend operating, contractual, reporting improvements
• Work Experience: Experience with studio talent deals and participations; 3-5 years of work experience in finance or a related field.
• Technical Skills: Expert in Excel. Exceptional and proven financial and modeling skills. Experience with SAP and similar reporting systems a plus.
• Non-technical Skills: Self-motivated and independent thinker. Meticulous, organized, proactive, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Strong communication skills, executive presence, and an attention to detail.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance (or related field). MBA or CPA a plus.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.