ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, North Carolina has an immediate opening for Manager of Digital Content and Strategy to help lead our multiplatform newsroom. ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
The ideal candidate will have strong editorial judgement, leadership skills and is responsible for managing daily content and operations for all ABC11 digital platforms and social media, including story selection, editing, publication and distribution. A primary focus will be utilizing research data and insights to develop and elevate multiplatform content with impactful storytelling that is optimized for each screen and reflective of a diverse audience. This person is an advocate for ABC11's digital content and growth strategy both daily and long-term. The Manager of Digital Content and Strategy will also oversee the station's various streaming platforms. The ideal candidate has local television news experience and is familiar working with newsroom publishers, audience development and digital and social analytics.
• Guide daily content and operations for all ABC11 digital platforms, including the station's various streaming platforms
• Use digital research insights to drive editorial and strategic decision-making and growth strategy
• Lead day-to-day execution of content campaigns for ABC Owned Television (OTV)
• Supervise and evaluate performance of Digital EP, producers, reporters, anchors and assignment editors when contributing to ABC11 digital platforms and social media
• Contribute to overall content strategy of ABC OTV
• Report on content performance and address strategy to achieve company goals
• Minimum of five years editorial experience with digital news media
• Managerial experience in a fast-paced content creation environment
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking
• Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
• Communicates with respect and empathy
• BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9wq2-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.