Director, Business Affairs
ABC SIGNATURE, A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT, SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE TO JOIN ITS BUSINESS AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT AS AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
• Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing the studio's transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), acquire underlying rights, and license the studio's content on all broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand platforms.
• Working in a highly collaborative fashion with other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members and members of Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Acquisitions, Marketing, Brand Management, and Digital Media.
• Interfacing with the distribution arms of the Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of studio content.
• Establishing and maintaining client relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
• Collaborating with Legal Affairs to get long-form agreements signed on a timely basis.
• Working with contracts administration on tracking of contractual options for properties and talent, payments, and deal summaries.
• Following ''best practices'' and contributing towards improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
• Experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming for a US television studio or US television network.
• Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker, with strong drafting abilities, exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Knowledge of guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
• Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills, with keen attention to detail and the ability to execute against multiple high-priority projects.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
CA Bar membership
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.